Monday 9 January 2012

'I am' - the blog

One of my fellow bloggers, Marcela, posted some time ago a request, asking us a community of Angolan bloggers why we blog. This is my answer to that.

I think that most of humanity sacrifices individuality for the benefit of the greater good. Almost as if saying 'I don't matter'.

For me writing this blog is an ego trip, my way of saying actually 'I do matter'.  Ego being that part of my self that wants the praise, the recognition and the applause.

My life is no different to many others out there and 'as I experience I am', that's my motto. And these experiences, this knowledge, questions that I am getting from 'living' I want to record now, as I experience them and maybe one day read them again and see how much I've 'grown'.

I'm on an existentialist journey and maybe at the end of it 'I' will survive or maybe not. And these fragments -  I call them fragments because I've not been able to piece together - my life, I don't understand, so until then I record these fragments, which I sometimes feel, 'are' prior to my existence.

My being  here does not change life, life just is. And I don't think that I will do something extraordinary that I will be remembered for generations to come. But right now I have 'me' and I can use 'me' to understand.

The other process of this 'recording' is to help me remember. Remember that I am human, not perfect, confused, curious, shy, stupid, creative at times, too serious, weak, a being, and that's all right!

Don't we all just live celebrating the past, or trying desperately not to forget our life, through photos, music, writing. We're all trying not to forget the days of our lives...

So this project here, ultimately, is just for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment